If you haven't seen HSM 3- swallow your pride and go. Yes, it is just a cheesy as you think it is going to be, but the dance numbers are excellent. Kenny Ortega, who directed and choreographed, does an amazing job of keeping everything moving fast and big.
The 7 Things I Learned:
1. No matter if you do win the basketball championship two years in a row, the thing everyone will remember is the Senior Musicale (no I did not spell this wrong- see the movie and you will understand.
2. Zac Efron has one emotion: I just saw my mom get hit by a bus but I can't do anything about it because I have gas... and he is concentrating more on the gas. Although, I agree he will make a great Ren in the Footloose movie musical.
3. Ashley Tisdale's new nose makes her look older.
4. The blond kid with the funky hats and argyle sweater vests (don't judge) is the only one in the cast that can actually sing. But yet, I still bought the soundtrack. I attribute it to peer presure or the fact my wife begged me for it.
5. No other couple in the world goes through as many break ups and back togethers as Troy and Gabriella. That just doesn't happen in real life... oh wait a minute... ok then, maybe that means that in the next movie they will get married.
6. In this multi diverse cast (white, black, blond, brunette, hispanic, fat, skinny) there are no Asians. Sorry, Troy P. When we do the stage version I guess you will have to pull the curtains.
7. Drama teachers are crazy, self obsessed freaks to the world, but in truth, they are the embodiement of wisdom, intelligence and grace and are essential in the personality development of growing adolesents.