Monday, April 05, 2010

Here I Am... Again

It's been such a long time since I've written or posted or anything. The muppet video was to good to not pass along, so it got me back into the blog. In a hundred years when the Jetsons are reading this blog, the will wonder what mystery happened in my life where I was absent since October. One word- theatre.

Speaking of, if you look to the right of these posts, I have started posting pictures to the shows. As I get them posted, I will put a link in the show photos section. I'll also put an announcement of upcoming events like Joseph in two weeks.

Today I had one of the most frustrating days I've had in a long time. I got to work at my usual time, started working on cranking out some costumes and was quite successful until lunch time. Pharaoh is finished and fitted. I then started working on Joseph's prince costume which I had started a couple of weeks ago. Found the appropriate trim and spent a long bit of time attaching it to the skirt. Next pleated the sides of the skirt, which took me all of twenty minutes on Pharaoh, but Jo gave me a bit more trouble. Three hours later, I decide to try another design and took the entire thing apart. Two hours later Nikki came for dinner. I was on a role, so I thought, so she went for a walk while I finished. She came back... I was not finished, but worse than before she left. After struggling a little longer, doing and re-doing, I put the entire thing to the side and will start fresh in the morning. Completely from scratch- new fabric, new design, new everything. I don't do that often, but when the whole idea is not working it is best to put it in the scrap box.

This time tomorrow, Joseph will have clothes or I will not be going to bed. Not to the world, invest in Dr. Pepper stock- I will be drinking a lot in the next tow weeks.

By the way, the cast is doing a wonderful job- this is going to be a fun, fun, fun show. Come see!

No comments: