Thursday, April 08, 2010

Late Night Ramblings April 8, 2010

My beauty is asleep in the other room. I am not. I am so exhausted- my body can hardly move but my mind is going 80 mph. So, my misery is the blog's delight.

Since last we met, the anguish over a certain costume is over. I am very happy to say that Joseph has a completed prince costume... except for the metallic gold combat boots. I'm not kidding. The theatre is a hustle and bustle of things coming. Six major shows in the next two weeks. More nights working than nights off. I'm not complaining- I don't like to dig ditches.

Big Mike should have been booted from American Idol tonight. Stupid save rule. That would have finally brought some excitement to that show. I don't know if this year is just boring or if last year was just so good. I'm still feeling a buzz from the great concert Danny Gokey gave last weekend.

Is it only Wednesday? Wait, I think now it is Thursday. Is it only Thursday?

Had dinner with Paul and his fiance tonight. Nice time together- then went back to the theatre for a bit. A recurring theme. I've known Paul since he was in the third grade and now he is getting married?!?!? Wow, his parents must be ok with him getting married at age 14 because I know "m not that old.

I love this warm weather, mostly because I don't like pants. I like flip-flops too. You know in most places they are called thongs, but if I said I loved thongs, everyone reading this would get the wrong idea.

I did not drink Dr. Pepper tonight, only water. Last night before bed I drank a huge Dr. Pepper and fell right to sleep- sleep all night like a baby. I had that large Dr. Pepper to go with my large fries, but by the time Nikki let go of them they were a small fry.

Nikki likes french fries. Drive me nuts when people call the freedom fries. That's like calling Brazil nuts, South American chickletts.

Sam grew his hair out for Joseph. I like his shaggy hair- I vote don't cut it. It will go very nicely with his new skirt. Speaking of Joseph, most of the actors playing brothers spend a lot of time dancing on their knees. I bought them knee pads, but I think we are going to have to pad the knee pads. Yea, what's the point. I should have just given them some foam and a roll of duct tape. Speaking of duct tape, how crazy would I have been if the had come out with the multicolored kind when I was younger. My mom would still be scraping it off my bed rooms walls hoping to find some sheet rock somewhere. There's an idea, we should have gone all modern and "green" and made all the costumes for Joseph out of recycled materials. Joseph's coat could have been multicolored duct tape. Strike would have been easy, just wad the whole show up and toss it in the trash. Does duct take hold body odor? That would have been a serious draw back, but I could give the laser wash free advertisement by letting the cast walk through the car wash in their costumes.

My car is covered in pollen. It needs to go through the car wash. I don't even have time to go to the car wash. I wonder if they are open at 1 am? Whoa, what kind of freaks do you think hang out at the car wash in the middle of the night? Never mind.

I hate taxes. Will mail mine next week.

I love Florida. I hear you calling my name sweet breeze through the palm trees. No wait, that's just Jazzy snoring in the floor beside me. Just kidding, he doesn't snore... he talks in his sleep... just like Nikki... boy, the stories she has told and not even known it. I should create a blog just for Nikki's late night conversations.

We have built a giant sphinx head for the scene in Egypt (in Joseph). People keep calling it the Pharaoh's head. It take too much effort to correct them. On Pharaoh's costume, he has a giant "P" on his belt buckle. People think it stands for "Pharaoh" but it actually stand for "Phatt". I mean the cool version, not the overweight version... that is why it is spelled P-H-A... oh, nevermind.

People who can't dance are very fun to watch in a tragic sort of way- I'm talking about Dancing with the Stars, not the show.. nudge, nudge.

I'm hungry now at 12:51 am. We have no food in our house. We don't but groceries because we are never here to eat. Nikki did have two chocolate Easter bunnies in the back of her car. They've been there since Sunday and now are probably one giant lump of a chocolate carcass. As cousin Eddy says, "Now that's some good eatin'."

1 comment:

Wright Family said...

Ariel now has a beautiful half pink soccer cleat (that is a shoe)thanks to your duct tape donation...it gets her alot of attention and saves us the cost of a new pair of shoes...win- win