Monday, March 27, 2006

Disney' Tarzan on Broadway


Disney's new musical version of Tarzan began previews on March 24. I can't wait to see how this is going to be accomplished. The music is partially taken from the animated film version from a few years ago and Phil Collins (who wrote that music) has written a few more songs to add to the stage version. The show is designed and directed (another control freak, I guess) by Bob Crowley, the guy who designed the amazing sets and costumes for Aida. I've got to see this one!

Elton John's Lestat began previews on March 25. That one looks to be quiet impressive too. From what I have heard of the score, the music sounds pretty lush and very different from his other shows. I've got to see them all and then try to figure out how we can do the same effects with only cardboard, elmers glue and fishing line!

No comments: