Monday, March 27, 2006

Still Working

It is around 6:30pm and I am still working at school... and still have a bit more to do before I leave. Why do I do this? Am I crazy or just so darn (ok, I'm going to use this word at the risk of having some one say "told you so"- you know who you are) obsessed with making sure everything can be as close to perfect as possible? When I get on a creative role, I get on it. All of these ideas pour out quicker than I can make them happen and so I spend hours drawing pictures or adding the tiniest detail, that probably no one will even notice- but I know it is there and it makes me able to sleep a little better at night knowing I didn't cut a corner. Yes, you have those people that work in the same profession (I use that word liberally) that say, "Three-thirty is quitin' time. You won't see me giving any extra time to the system." They are the same people that quarrel they get no respect. Go figure! It's the little red hen syndrome- every body wants the bread, but nobody is willing to bake it. Why do I spend all this time on the details? Why not? It makes me respect myself and my work and it makes me HAPPY... and maybe I am a wee, only a wee, bit obessesive. But notice, it usually works in those people's favor who accuse me of such. Hee- hee.

No comments: