Thursday, March 30, 2006

Phantom in Las Vegas


The newest wave in theatrical production is taking a 2 1/2 hour Broadway show and condensing it into a 90 minute (non-intermission) production in Las Vegas. Chicago, Haispray, Momma-Mia and several others have done it with great success and now it is The Phantom of the Opera's turn. For those of you that have seen Phantom, you know how spectacular that production is, but imagine this show re-conceived with the similar effects but with the technology of today, bigger and more elaborate sets in a new $40 million state of the art theatre specifically built to house this particular production at the Venetian Hotel. And if that isn't enough, I've heard the chandelier falling is unbelievable- it actually falls frighteningly fast and crashes! I've got to go see it, even though I've already seen the original five times. Last time, I said that was enough, but I think I could sit through one more.

No comments: