Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Beauty and the Beast Auditions

We had a very large crowd last night. Between young and old, there was a grand total of 67 people. Some, of course, will not come back. For some people the amount of time it takes for a show is too much and for some one to realize and acknowledge that is very respectable. We had some good singers, actors and some surprise dancers. I'm impressed with the over 21 age group of dancers. We had some fun, learned that Chris sounds like he's cussing when speaking French and that Mrs. Berger has a secret desire to be a tea cup. We also learned that Betsey is always going to "bring up the rear" and that Sarah's will not be mentioned at all during this entire show. And yes, we had the usual "I'm not going to be here for an entire week until the show, but I still want to be in it." Yea, right! All in all, I think I have everything cast- but I will sit on it for a day or two until I get all the final conflicts- that always changes things.

I am looking forward to this show. It is going to be the greatest amount of work of any summer, but I think the most rewarding. I talked to the janitor of the fine arts building this morning and she and I are going to set up dressing rooms in the down stairs hallway. As for where to put all the people, I've decided the balcony thing isn't such a bad idea- that person must have been a genius. The little kids I think we can put on coat hangers and then slide them on a hook or rod back in the corners.

So many people to bless with my presense. Ahhhhhhhh!

6 comments:

cjw said...

I'm a big fan of the coat hanger idea.

Anonymous said...

Genius...ahhhh, yes! It takes great minds to work together to come up with such brilliant ideas...including the coat hanger idea. Think about the memories that child will have and the stories they could tell their grandchildren one day. Picture it...The kids are out playing a little game of ball in the front yard. All of the sudden grandpa walks out on the front porch and sits in his rocker. Grandma comes out with a fresh pitcher of lemonade and glasses filled with ice. The kids are thinking, "how refreshing." They quickly run up to the porch because they are so anxious to hear stories of when grandpa performed back in the day. They then nestle around Grandpa's feet and cry out, " Oh Grandpa, tell me about the good ole days..." A soft little chuckle comes from Grandpa as he begins looking back on some of his most memorable experiences of peforming. And he will stay, "oh my sweet children, did I ever tell you about the coat hanger days?"
Yes, you must make this memory happen. It is brilliant I tell you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Who is advertising on this blog?!

Anonymous said...

Don't be stingy with that cast list, Mr. Director. I want to see it right now!!!!!!!!

cjw said...

It would be rather hard to send a cast list to anonymous.