Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Cast List is Coming

After much thought and deliberation, I think the cast list is in order. I haven't gotten any more conflicts since before noon today. If any come, we won't be able to honor them. People seem to be very excited about this cast list. I don't know if it is because there are several parts that could go one way or the other or if they are just excited to see the actual beginning of the show. Some parts are obvious- they fit like a glove. At the same time some parts are going to be a surprise. I got a very good compliment from a kid the other day. He said he had been to another school where they had a drama program and he was impressed by the way we have our act together. In other words, we have a goal and we accomplish it rather than squaking around like a bunch of chickens. I appreciate that from everyone- they are very goal oriented within the whole of the group. Tomorrow by noon we will know who everyon is... and how many people will be quiting.

By the way, did anyone see that comment about "Going to the Chapel" on the blog about Lestat? I'm hoping the person that wrote that was refurring to a past blog and is not confused that Lestat is our fall show. Don't you know that would go over well. Hey, that's an idea- a vampire musical with music from the middle of the 20th century: "Going to the Chapel of Blood" or "The Bleeder of the Pack" or "When the Sun Gets in My Eyes I Die". My idea, no body steal it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this show! I hope you are in it and not just directing- a show with out you would be like a sky with out the sun!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, we really have some poetic people blogging!

Anonymous said...

I think that you should cast someone as a bottle of ketchup...and when they seem upset about being cast as a bottle of ketchup, you can tell them "Trust me! It'll be great! I'm gonna make ketchup the Beast's favorite condiment!" HA!!!!! With my luck, I'll be cast as the bottle of ketchup!

Amanda said...

Well...it's nearly "tomorrow by noon!!!"
How much longer are you gonna make us wait?