Friday, April 21, 2006

Beauty Marches On

I've had a good response so far to the newspaper ads about auditions. What does that actually mean? Who knows? Today has been a pretty lazy day, except for designing the whole castle again. I thought I had a good design that would be easy to create and would function in the show and in the space we have. Speaking of space, where are we going to put the actors backstage? There is so much scenery, I have no place for the actual flesh and blood- not to mention some of the characters are going to be large as a piece of scenery (a walking, talking, dancing wardrobe and tea pot). I guess we will have to build gigantic balconies above the stage. Ha! Anyway, the castle- on Easter Sunday, I was thinking about all the ideas and designs, for now is the time to finalize and begin making, and it hit me- a whole new castle design with different levels and arches and ways to light it. The original idea had such things, but not like these. I am working on a model and will post a picture when it is done. The crazy thing is, the castle is one out of eight different sets we are going to be needing and not just a chair or a table, but eight sets. Effie and Paul are going to love me for this one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Building balconies is a brilliant idea! Whoever came up with that idea...well, let's just say you would want to keep him/her around!

Anonymous said...

We'll see if him or her is worth keeping- wonder if they are an egomanic or a diva? As long as they are cute, I guess we can put up with them.